Wednesday, December 24, 2008

all i want for christmas is you... baby (repeat and fade)

it's a hair past 5am and something tells me this is the most lucid i'll be between now and christmas. since i want to write this before christmas it behooves me to continue typing.

after waking up the past two christmas mornings in a foreign country i have to say i am really looking forward to being home for this one. i have a greater appreciation for all the accoutrement of home during the holiday season. though i do like the understated reverence that christmas has in england, what it lacks is my family and friends. my accoutrement.

i'll be spending christmas eve basking in the company of my family over what promises to be a to-die-for turkey dinner, followed by a gathering with my closest friends. i can think of nothing that i'd rather do, nowhere i'd rather be.

it's funny though because somehow this increase in contentment with home has paralleled an increase in my desire to be away and see more places which motivates me to no end. two opposite forces rising in unison. like an elastic being pulled in both directions.

sidebar: vocal cords are the same way. so when you expand your vocal range it will actually expand in both directions. only up to a certain point mind you but enough to be noticeable to a novice vocal student.

anyways, this is the sentence where i insert all the cliches about how nice it is being home for the holidays and all that sentimental shit. now that that's done.

happy christmas.

No comments: